- The Sad, Last Days of Sears -
After 54 years Sears in Whitehall Township closes on February 16, 2020. The few remaining workers and a liquidation company have been clearing out fixtures and selling inventory at dramatically reduced prices as they prepare to vacate the property. An original mall anchor store, Sears opened in 1966 at 1259 Whitehall Mall on MacArthur Road in Whitehall, Lehigh County, Pa.. First situated at 600-606 N. Seventh Street, Allentown, before moving north the company was founded as Sears, Roebuck and Co. in Chicago in 1893.
- Photography by Donna Fisher
- ©2020 - Donna Fisher Photography, LLC - donnafisherphoto.com